- Manage a work team, prepare schedules, hire, train and evaluate kitchen staff, and optimize kitchen competencies.
- Make purchases, manage orders and inventories.
- Oversee the mise en place, preparation, cooking and presentation of the recipes in accordance with La Piazzetta standards.
- All other tasks related to the sound management of daily operations in the kitchen.
- Be driven by the love and passion of the craft and have excellent teamwork skills.
- Show a positive, open and respectful attitude toward colleagues.
- Have at least two years of experience in a similar work environment.
- Have a strong capacity to manage staff and demonstrate leadership.
- A diploma in restaurant management is considered an asset.
- Be able to work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrate independence and have good priority-management skills.
- Oversee the engagement and motivation of the team and positively influence the business culture.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Have a love for and knowledge of the kitchen.
- Be available when needed.
La Piazzetta benefits Based on position and location
- Tip sharing, based on tip agreement in effect
- Work/family/study balance
- High-quality training
- Meal discount from 50% to 100%, depending on position
- Career advancement opportunities
- Group insurance for full-time positions
- Uniform provided, based on position
- Fair salary scale
- Flexible schedule